EFFECTIVE DATE: September 20, 2016
This policy describes:
(i) The types of information we collect when you use our service;
(ii) How we use, share, and protect that information;
(iii) How long we retain that information; and
(iv) Your rights and options regarding the information we collect.
- Information We Collect. The information that we collect from you depends upon what sections of our site you visit and what actions you take during your visit. We collect two categories of information:
(a) Your Personally identifiable information (PII): PII is information that personally identifies one individual from another. You voluntarily provide us with this information when you undertake various actions on the Site, such as vote on a design, purchase a product or register as an artist. Such information may include your name, email address, street address, phone number, and payment information. Once your account is established, you will be asked to add additional information to your profile, some of which may consist of PII (i.e., photographs, personal profile, etc.). Providing this additional information is entirely voluntary.
In addition, when you visit our website, we will record your computer IP address, and may tie it to your specific account. Under ordinary circumstances, an IP address recorded in isolation is not PII under the standard definition of the term. However, it may become PII when it is combined with other information, as in this case.
(b) General Information: General Information consists of information that is anonymous in nature and does not identify you as an individual. General Information of this nature is collected through a small piece of computer code called a “cookie,” and includes your computer IP address, unique mobile device identifier, browser type, ISP or carrier name, and the URL of the last webpage you visited before visiting our website. This information gives us insights on how our users use our site and our services. We use this information to ensure that our service continues to appeal to our users.
- How We Use Information.
(a) How We Use PII: We use the PII we collect from and about you to provide you with our Service and to contact you via email with information regarding your order or for promotional purposes. We may also use your PII to help us to display advertisements that are relevant to you. We may also use PII to inform you about other products and services offered by marketing partners that may be of interest to you, and to otherwise perform functions associated with our service.
(b) How We Use General Information: We use the General Information we collect from you for our internal business purposes (i.e., to monitor overall usage trends, metrics, page views, etc.).
- How We Share Information. We do not sell, rent, or share PII about you with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, but we may share certain elements of your PII with the following parties:
(a) We may share PII with nonaffiliated third parties that perform services or functions on our behalf, such as shipping companies, payment processors, web hosting providers, email service providers, and software maintenance service providers. We must necessarily share your information with such third parties as may be required to perform their functions. We may also disclose General information that we collect to third party service providers to improve or enhance our service, or for any other business purpose.
(b) We share PII with our employees and contractors, but only to the extent necessary to perform their job functions.
(c) If you provide us with a testimonial that includes PII (i.e., your name and/or company name), you are authorizing to publish, share, and distribute that information for promotional purposes at any time and in any manner that we see fit.
(d) If requested or required by law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, we may disclose any information we have collected from you. We also may disclose your information to exercise or protect our legal rights or to defend against legal claims.
(e) In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these business transfers, customer information is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. Moreover, if all or substantially all of our business assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter into bankruptcy, customer information (including your PII), would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any assets may continue to be used as set forth in this policy.
- How We Protect Information. We take the security of your information seriously and use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect PII against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. Our website and the server(s) upon which it is hosted use Secure Socket Layering (SSL) to encrypt information including user login and password, user account content, credit card numbers etc. This website also uses a generally accepted standard of technological security for the purpose of protecting all information provided by visitors from misuse, loss, or corruption. We also limit access to PII to those employees who reasonably need access to it to deliver our service. However, because no security system can be 100% effective, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any information we may have collected from or about you. In addition, we have no control over the security of other web sites that you might visit even via a link on our Site. If you share your computer or use one that is accessed by the general public, remember to sign off and close your browser window when you have finished your session.
- How Long We Keep Information. We retain your information for as long as we deem necessary to fulfill a business purpose or comply with a legal request. We may also choose to anonymize certain of the information you provide to us so that it can no longer be attributed to you if we would like to retain it for longer periods of time.
- Your Rights and Control. You may limit how we use your PII as follows: (i) You may edit or delete some or all of the PII associated with your account; and (ii) You may stop receiving emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email. If you do so, your information will no longer be visible to other users, but we may retain it for business purposes in accordance with Section 5). Certain elements of our website may offer certain features that require you to share certain types of PII; however, you are not required to participate in those features. For example, our website may offer a publicly accessible blog and a Twitter feed, which allow user generated comments, and any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
- Tracking Technology and Do-Not-Track Requests. We may employ certain technologies capable of tracking your online activities on this website and across third-party Web sites, and offer no response to Do-Not-Track requests transmitted by Web browsers.
- Children under 13. Our service is not intended for users under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect any information from children under 13, except any Third Party Information you provide to us. If we are informed that you have provided us with the information of anyone under the age of 13 in a manner that violates any statute or regulation concerning the same, we will attempt to delete it as soon as possible.
Further in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA) be advised that there is no identity verification requirement to access this site, and all users can visit this site anonymously, but you must provide us with PII in order to effectively access and use the Service.
2053 Village Park Way, No. 229
Encinitas, CA 92024